|2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast|
|1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)|
|2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)|
|1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
9 cups all-purpose flour, divided
3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, shortening, sugar, eggs, salt and 4 cups flour; beat 3 minutes or until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead lightly. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
3. Punch dough down; divide into four equal parts. Roll each into a 9-in. circle; brush with butter. Cut each circle into eight pie-shaped wedges; roll up each wedge from wide edge to tip of dough and pinch to seal.
4. Place rolls with tip down on baking sheets; freeze. When frozen, place in freezer bags and seal. Store in freezer for up to 4 weeks.
5. Place on greased baking sheets; thaw 5 hours or until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets; serve warm, or cool on wire rack.