CARAMEL PECAN KRINGLE
1 cup Marzetti Caramel Apple Dip
1 cup chopped Pecans, divided
1 sheet Puff Pastry
½ cup Confectioners Sugar
1 tbsp Milk
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
For kringle, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all pecans on a sheet pan and toast for 8 minutes. Cool, chop and set aside.
Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Unfold puff pastry in center of prepared pan. Evenly spread half of Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip onto center section of dough. Sprinkle with1/3 cup pecans.
Fold one-third section of dough over to cover caramel and pecans. Spread that dough layer with remaining Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip and 1/3 cup pecans. Fold remaining section of dough over all, trying to completely cover caramel and pecans.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
For icing, whisk together all ingredients, adding additional milk if necessary.
Cool kringle slightly; drizzle icing over top and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cool completely. Slice and serve
2 (1/4-oz.) envelopes active dry yeast
1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
1/2 cup warm milk (100°)
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups soft butter, divided
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
EASY VANILLA GLAZE
Whisk together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 TBSP milk, ½ tsp vanilla extract, and a dash of table salt. Whisk in up to 1 tbsp milk, ½ tsp at a time until consistency is reached. makes 1½ cups.
- Combine milk, yeast, and 1/3 cup sugar in bowl of a stand mixer; let stand 5 minutes or until foamy. Gradually add 1 cup flour, beating at low speed until blended; scrape down sides. Add salt and 1 cup butter; beat at low speed until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition and scraping sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add remaining 3 1/2 cups flour, beating until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat until dough forms a ball and begins to pull away from sides. Beat dough 2 more minutes or until smooth and elastic. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 minutes.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (80° to 85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down, and turn out onto lightly floured parchment paper. Roll dough into a 12- x 18-inch rectangle.
- Brush 6 Tbsp. soft butter over dough; sprinkle with chocolate and 1/2 cup sugar. Roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion, starting at 1 long side. Press edge to seal, and place dough, seam side down, on parchment paper.
- Transfer parchment paper with dough onto a baking sheet. Shape rolled dough into a ring, pressing ends together to seal. Cut ring at 2-inch intervals, from outer edge up to (but not through) inside edge. Gently pull and twist cut pieces to show filling. Cover dough.
- Let rise in a warm place (80° to 85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover dough. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter; brush over dough. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until golden. Cool on pan 10 minutes. Drizzle Easy Vanilla Glaze over warm bread.